The Design & Innovation Pathway offers immersive research, design and innovation acceleration programs. We focus on providing aspiring designers with the environment, mindset, skills and tools needed to begin or develop their careers in design. Idea Studio Africa offers a blend of multidisciplinary design programs individuals can specialise in.
Current programs in this pathway are Business Design and Design Research Fellowship Programs
What you gain by taking the Mideva Design Fellowship:
- Gain practical design, innovation, and leadership skills.
- Learn, practice and showcase the skills needed for the future of work.
- Work on real projects while learning.
- Get access to digital tools and resources that will make learning fun and easier.
- Discover and deepen your design and creative thinking skills.
- Access, connect, and collaborate with a community of peers, mentors, experienced practitioners and local and global partners.
The Mideva Design Fellowship dives into the tools, methodologies and processes used to better understand the underlying and sometimes hidden human behaviours, attitudes, motivations, needs and ecosystem relationships. Design Research helps unearth contextual and environmental factors that shape people’s experiences and that provides evidence-based information to back up a product’s desirability, feasibility and viability.
The skills gained from this track will enable you to:
- Collect user needs through a variety of contextual research methods to validate or invalidate ideas.
- Uncover and clarify complex patterns of human behaviours, attitudes, and perspectives through iterative hypothesis and experimentation.
- Develop a systemic lens for problem-solving by identifying and mapping out relationships within and between ecosystems.
- Prioritise, evaluate and make connections between all data points by making sense of the data gathered by forming insights through the synthesis process.
- Process and present data into useful formats that can help you decipher data gathered and identify the most critical elements for design considerations using virtual and tangible tools.
- Design products and services based on evidence from actual users, and not on assumptions to build credibility.
- Develop an understanding of long-term product strategy through evidence-based decision-making to gain a competitive advantage.
What you get as an Idea Studio Africa Fellow
At Idea Studio Africa, we pride ourselves in delivering the highest quality of learning experience to our participants. Idea Studio Africa provides:
A learning & practice environment
Access a supportive and flexible learning environment to upskill, learn and practice the skills for the future of work and entrepreneurship.
Immersive & meaningful projects
Work on real, immersive and meaningful projects and challenges with expert facilitation and practical learning to help deepen your skills and abilities.
Tools & resources
Access the tools and resources needed to help you practice your skills and abilities; all while creating value at work or in your business.
Credibility & brand
Build and leverage strong network opportunities; while showcasing your credibility and value to achieve your career and life goals. You will also measure, evaluate and share your growth and progress.
A lifelong community
Access (life and career) mentors, coaches and experts to help you navigate your current journey. Learn and grow alongside other ambitious professionals and visionary entrepreneurs.
Access to post-program support
Whether you’re looking for meaningful work opportunities or follow-up support to launch and grow your venture, ISA is the right place for you.
Answering Your Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How many programs does Idea Studio Africa have?
Idea Studio Africa currently has 3 programs. These are: Human-Centered Design Foundational Program, ISA Entrepreneurship Program, Mideva Design Fellowship.
What background do I need to have to join an ISA fellowship program?
Our fellows come from diverse backgrounds all with the goal to up-skill, transition, re-skill, change course or learn something new in research, design, innovation, or entrepreneurship
Can I take two fellowship programs at the same time?
Due to the intensive and immersive nature of some of the fellowship programs, we do not recommend taking two programs at the same time. However, you can take up another program as soon as you’re done with one!
Is there a flexible payment plan?
Yes! We have tailored payment plans that can support the fellows who are most in need. To learn more about a payment plan that works for you, feel free to contact us via a phone call, a WhatsApp message, or email
Are there any learning support sponsorship options?
Yes! Our learning support scholarships are based on merit and economical needs. To learn more about the learning support sponsorships, contact us via email at email@example.com
How flexible is the attendance for the program for those with other full-time commitments?
Some of our fellowship programs support a hybrid learning model, allowing participants with full-time commitments and those in any location, the flexibility to attend. Check out the modules for our programs to learn more or reach out to us directly for any clarity.
How are the fellowship Programs Structured?
Each fellowship program is structured differently and has different commitment requirements. Generally, the fellowship is immersive and hybrid in nature, leveraging online and in-person delivery and practice.